Re: Data Out of Oracle

From: Dave Dargo <ddargo_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: 1996/09/17

BEH_at_csd.uwm.edu (Barbara Hiles) writes:

>We are running Oracle 7.2 with procedural option. On a dec alpha - if that is
>relevant.
>I need to write out a record for delete, insert and update to send back to our
>mainframe to update our IMS database there.
>I am planning on writing triggers to capture this action.
>My question is how to get the data out of Oracle. Ideally I would like to do
>this periodically (i.e. write out everything prior to a point in time). If
>the trigger could write out sequentially that would work too.
>Can PL/SQL write out a sequential file? We're at 2.2.2.3 on that. I'm
>thinking that it can't. Can a newer version?
>Is there a sqlloader type unload?
>If I exported a table - could I do something with that (i.e. is it readable)?
>What options do I have?
>
>TIA - Barb.

You could also use Oracle's Procedural Gateway for APPC which will allow you to directly call an IMS/TM transaction (or CICS or IDMS-DC or APPC/MVS) directly. You could call the mainframe transaction with the record info you are currently thinking about writing out to a file.

Dave Dargo (ddargo_at_us.oracle.com) Received on Tue Sep 17 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message