Access V$ Tables from stored procedure

From: Roderick Prince <rrprince_at_comdisco.com>
Date: 1996/09/16

Attempting to define access the V$ dynamic tables like V$_SESSION table from within a stored procedure leads an error when I attempt to store the procedure. The error returned is PLS_00201: identifier 'SYS.V$_SESSION' must be declared.

The error message and resolution notes led me to modify the sql statement to referenct V$Session, V$_SESSION, SYS.V$Session, and SYS.V$_SESSION. Same message is generated.

Any ideas on how I can access these tables?

Thanks,
Roderick... Received on Mon Sep 16 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message