SPLIT THIS NEWSGROUP--Vote Now (Here's how)

From: Steve Cosner <stevec_at_zimmer.CSUFresno.EDU>
Date: 1996/09/16

Everyone,

Finally! The CFV (Call for Votes) is out to split this newsgroup into 4 parts:

  1. Rename this group to: comp.databases.oracle.misc
  2. New group: comp.databases.oracle.server
  3. New group: comp.databases.oracle.tools
  4. New group: comp.databases.oracle.marketplace

If you are reading this message, then YOU should vote. Don't leave it up to anyone else. There must be at least 100 more YES votes than NO votes in order for any one of the above to pass. You can vote yes or no separately on each of the 4 groups.

By splitting the group, it is hoped that topics can be better categorized so that you can more easily read the messages that you are most interested in, and so that your articles will be noticed by a more interested group of readers.

Please note that I was unable to get approval for a comp.databases.oracle.jobs group name, so I had to settle on comp.databases.oracle.marketplace. If this group passes, I will post a regular notice directing job advertisers and job hunters to that group.

HOW TO VOTE:

  1. Get a ballot. The CFV which this article references is the official ballot. If you can't find it, then you can have one emailed to you by sending an email message to:
                     oracle-cfv-request_at_netagw.com

    Set the subject and text of the message to something like: Please     send a ballot. (You can also wait until the 2nd CFV comes out in     two weeks and vote then.)

2. Fill out the ballot: Read, then delete all the rationale and

    charter text. Fill in your name on the line where it is required.     Fill in your (four) yes/no votes. Delete the additional text     after the ballot. (Instructions are included in the ballot.)

3. Email the ballot back to the votetaker. Just replying to the

    ballot will get it to the correct address.

4. You will get two automatic responses from the votetaker: one

    saying your ballot was received, and the next saying your vote was     recorded.

Thank you *very* much. If you have any questions, you can email me. Steve Cosner

In article <842635456.16013_at_uunet.uu.net>, Bill Aten <oracle-vote_at_netagw.com> wrote:
> FIRST CALL FOR VOTES (of 2)
> unmoderated group comp.databases.oracle.marketplace
>unmoderated group comp.databases.oracle.misc (renames comp.databases.oracle)
> unmoderated group comp.databases.oracle.server
> unmoderated group comp.databases.oracle.tools
>
>Newsgroups lines:
>comp.databases.oracle.marketplace Oracle-related jobs, etc.
>comp.databases.oracle.misc Oracle related topics.
>comp.databases.oracle.server Oracle database administration/server topics.
>comp.databases.oracle.tools Oracle software tools/applications.
>
>Votes must be received by 23:59:59 UTC, 4 Oct 1996.
<snip> Received on Mon Sep 16 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message