ORACLE License - Reg

From: Gordon E. Hooker <gordonh_at_acslink.net.au>
Date: 1996/09/15

ctkumar <ctkumar_at_pacific.net.sg> wrote:

>Hi there,
>
>My company is an Internet Service Provider. We are planning to implement
>ORACLE Database applications for Registartion and Customer Service
>department. This application will be developed by our in-house project
>team. The applications will be implemented in two servers.
>

>The goal of this project is to make the Internet/Public peoples to
>register with us on-line using internet browser or setup disk. This
>applications will be used by the Back-End office also. This
>project should also provide informations to internet users on
>
>1) Number of hours they have used the internet connection
>2) Statement of Account
>3) Changing their Login ID
>4) Changing their User Name
>5) Some more.....
>
>Hence we are planning to buy the following products from ORACLE
>
>Database Server 7.3

  • Full Use license for the number of developers concurrently accessing the database for development - Runtime or Application Specific license for the number of concurrent devices attaching to your database in production.

>Developer/2000

  • Developer/2000 for each developer using this product on the project, no runtimes required.

>Programmer/2000

  • Programmer/2000 for each developer using this product on the project, no runtimes required.

>WebServer 2.1

  • One per computer

>Oracle Receivables
>Oracle Payables
>Oracle General Ledger

I am not sure about the license requirements for Oracle applications

>But we are not clear on the License Requirement (like Deployment
>License, Developer License, Webserver Interface License etc.,) for each
>product. So Is there anybody who can give us requirement of licenses for
>above products. You can also mention about the products to needed to
>reach the goal if I have missed some product.
>
>Please E-mail to ctkumar_at_pacific.net.sg
>
>--
>Kumar Chidambaram [ Pacific Internet Pte Ltd
>Database System Analyst 89 Science Park Drive #04-09/12
> The Rutherford, Singapore 118261
> Tel : (65) 771 0860
> Fax : (65) 773 6812 ]

25 Clarke Street Ripley Queensland Australia Phone 61-7-32940555
Email gordonh_at_acslink.net.au
_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/ We are just two lost souls living in a fish bowl Year after year

Pink Floyd Received on Sun Sep 15 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message