Help needed in ODBC programming with VC++4.0

From: Sivaraman Ramaswami <kalyani_at_gnn.com>
Date: 1996/09/15

Dear Netters,

        I am having some problems using ODBC API calls from my visual C++ Program. I have one generic program which would access different databases like Oracle, MS Access , text files etc. For all but Oracle, it is working fine for me. For ORACLE, my SQLConnect call fails. It gives the error "ODBC driver specified is not available.' I know that it is available since the sample programs I installed from ODBC SDK connects and works fine. Should I use SQLDriverConnect instead? Could any one help me out? It would be great if you could send your reply to the following address: ramaswamis_at_detroitedison.com
Thanks a bunch
-Siva Ramaswami Received on Sun Sep 15 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message