Forms 3.0/PLSQL 1 + Database 7.2 = no more SYSDATE ??

From: Alan MCCulloch <amccullo_at_ccu1.auckland.ac.nz>
Date: 1996/09/14

Our v6 + Forms 3 -> v7 + Forms 3 upgrade is pretty good, Forms seem to work OK EXCEPT that forms that have code like

:someblock.somedate := sysdate;

give a run-time error (though they compile OK). Seems that only something like
select sysdate into :someblock.somedate;

is going to work.

Have tried running PL/SQL from SQL*plus and in there, assignment of sysdate to a variable works OK. However I note that SQL*Plus fires up PL/SQL 2, whereas the database 7.2 release of Forms 3 appears to be linked to a PL/SQL 1 release, as this is what is advertised when you start forms.

Anybody know of a solution, other than to re-code all forms ?

Thanks

Alan McCulloch Received on Sat Sep 14 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message