Re: [Q]Problem with master-detail forms

From: David & Kim Di Biaggio <dibiaggio_at_iquest.net>
Date: 1996/09/14

MCC wrote:

> I wonder if anyone has the same experience. I create a master-detail form
> using primary key and foreign key as the joint condition. Every thing
> is generated automatically by forms(triggers, relation) and work fine.
> Then I stared adding things to the form and something strange happened.
> My form will only pick up the detail records entered on the present day.
> Anything entered day before disappeared from the detail block and can not
> be queried either. Yes, the data are still in the table and I am able to
> pick them up using a different master-detail form. I did not touch the
> part that was generated by forms to handle the relation. I wonder what
> other thing that I could have done to break the link without knowing?
> Any idea???
>
> Thanks a lot,
> Edith

Do you have any triggers/queries that check the date of displayed records? I would check that avenue and make sure they are coded correctly. Watch out for your formatting commands if you're using to_char/to_date (ie. 'MM' is months, 'MI' is minutes) Received on Sat Sep 14 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message