Need Lesson-1 on Developer 2000

From: Shahid Bari <sbari_at_idirect.com>
Date: 1996/09/14

Dear Gurus
I am a new user of developer 2000 and looking for a starting point. I want to design a basic form with following criteria

  1. Want to get rid of default menu. I also want to disable the default keys function to insert or delete record.
  2. My form has two fields (eg Code (unique) and Name)
  3. If I enter an existing Code, the name field should automatticlay be populated with the corroesponding Name. So also want to make my form unquerriable (with Function key)
  4. If I enter a new code, a blank key Name field should appear.
  5. Form should automaticaly update or insert the table depending upon the existence of Code.

I need a hint of the triggers and buit-ins need to be used to do so.

On the newsgroup advise I bought the ORACLE press Developer 2000 Guide, but this book is more about Software Engineering and methodolgy, does not discuss the development in Developer 2000.

I will appreciate, if u response by email.

Thanx and Regards

Shahid Bari Received on Sat Sep 14 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message