Re: SQL Plus Connection Performance

From: Alisha Whitehead <alisha_at_weber.campus.mci.net>
Date: 1996/09/14

bkane_at_clark.net (Brian Kane) wrote:

>We are having a problem with the connection performance of SQLPlus
>Version 3.2 running on Win95. When we try to connect to an HP Unix
>server running Oracle Workgroup 7.1.6.2.0 with SQL Plus 3.2, there is
>a 15-20 second delay before we are connected. The same operation
>under SQL Plus 3.1 completes in 3-4 seconds. Has anyone else
>experienced the same problem? Any insight would be appreciated.

I would love to have only a 15-20 second delay. How about 10 minutes! The problem seems to be with SQL*Net, and not SQL Plus for me. Are you using the 16bit SQL*Net 2.1 like me? In my case, about 50% of the time, it takes 6 minutes to connect from SQL*Plus, or 11 minutes from a 16 bit 3rd party application. If you learn anything, please let me know. I'll gladly do the same.

Alisha Whitehead
awhitehead_at_weber.edu
alisha_at_weber.campus.mci.net Received on Sat Sep 14 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message