Re: Query System-Views within Stored Procedures

From: J L Joslin <jljoslin_at_cris.com>
Date: 1996/09/13

On Wed, 11 Sep 96 21:02:00 GMT, Thomas_Kuchenbuch_at_sz.maus.de (Thomas Kuchenbuch) wrote:

>Hi,
>
>We tried querying the View "v_$session" from a cursor inside a stored
>procedure. Same query works fine, if issued directly from SQL*DBA or
>SQL*Plus. Issued inside a stored procedure (or a package containing that
>procedure) the result constantly is "ORA-00942: Table or View does not
>exist".
>
>Any Hints?
>
>Regards, Thomas
>
>---
>Send Mails >16kB to: TKuchenb_at_aol.com

You must execute your stored procedure with a user ID which has been granted access rights to the view.

As the SYS or other DBA user:

CREATE USER XYZ IDENTIFIED BY XYZ;
GRANT SELECT ON SYS.V_$SESSION TO XYZ; There is also a sql script in $ORACLE_HOME/rdbms/admin that will perform the grants for you but I can't remember it's name at the moment.

Jim Joslin Received on Fri Sep 13 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message