Help with Oracle and Disk Striping

From: Charles E. Lysakowski <lysakoce_at_ttown.apci.com>
Date: 1996/09/12

Greetings,

        We are new to Oracle use and would like to hear some input from other users as to the benefit of striping databases. We will be using HP-UX 10.01 and High-Availability Storage systems. We would also like to use HP mirroring. There will be three database instances running, two rather small (less than 500 mb) and one large (> 1gb). Are experience with Sybase is that striping directly impacts performance, this may not be the case with Oracle's use of cache.

Thanks,

John McGinnis
Air Products & Chemicals
mcginnjb_at_apci.com Received on Thu Sep 12 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message