Re: I must be MENTALLY RETARTED. Where is 'sqlplus'? (unix)

From: stephen roberts <STEVE_at_chigtow.demon.co.uk>
Date: 1996/09/11

In article <32334a07.33737184_at_news.concentric.net>

           jljoslin_at_cris.com "J L Joslin" writes:

  Firstly my appologies to John for all misleading information given.

  Secondly I will attempt to explain my in advertant errors while   eating humble pie.

  1. I do have previous Oracle experience Mostly 4 and some early 6. I am currently looking at version 7.
  2. UFI was a predesessor to what is now apparently called SQL*Plus
  3. I Know SQL stands for Standard Query Language. I had always understood SQLplus to be the package of SQL and report formating commands supplied by Oracle. The plus refering to the report formatting capability.
  4. Before answering I did look to see if a sqlplus existed in my system just in case it did exist and could not find it.
  5. I have subsequently found that on my version it appears to be called plus31.exe as this is what is called from my SQL*plus icon. (Note: I had presumed SQL*plus was on the icon for reasons refered to in 3.
  6. I did feel a bit wary about answering considering the time lapsed between my last solid oracle exp. but thought I had grasped enough of oracle7 to cast some light on procedings, just in case no one else answered which I must admit was not very likely.

 Again my appologies, for being unhelpfull.  Hope you dont hold it against me

 back to the help screens steve.

--
steve roberts