Re: Caldera Network Desktop (was:Re: SMP & threads for SQL queries)

From: Weiqi Gao <weiqigao_at_crl.com>
Date: 1996/09/10

Jerry O'Brien <jobrien_at_icis.on.ca> wrote:

>Jost Boekemeier wrote:
>>
>> In article <50vsqa$hl2_at_ibridge.iohk.com>,
>> jwalters_at_igate.iohk.com (Jay Walters) writes:
>> >No problem. Buy Linux, get support, that's what I said. I didn't say
>>
>> I never ment to start a flame war or something like that, but why do
>> you think the support from Microsoft is much better than the support
>> from Caldera?
>> [......]
>> See: http://www.caldera.com
>>
>> Bye,
>> Jost
>Who Cares?

Well, with a fast ODBC driver, any one of the RDBMS on Linux might become a viable option for a stable/simple/fast back-end for mission-critical use (emergency-room, missiles systems, etc.)

All it takes is somebody charging big bucks for Linux and offer shabby support (over 30 minutes waiting on telephone, over seven-day response time via e-mail, or telling people "update your resume").

--
Weiqi Gao
weiqigao_at_crl.com