Re: Designer/2000 reports is printed Landscape even setup is Portrait.

From: Gary Wong <gary.wong_at_cyberstore.ca>
Date: 1996/09/10

> "R.GOPALAKRISHNAN" <rgk22091_at_singnet.com.sg> writes:
> check with oracle corp. believe there is a patch for this.
>
> Mohamed El-Mallah <diwan_at_qatar.net.qa> wrote in article
> <01bb9dc8$53daf860$652185c2_at_diwan>...
> > I have Designer/2000 rel. 1.2 under windows 3.11, I set up the reports to
> > be Portrait, but it still prints Landscape.
> > Thanks in advance for the advice
> > Mohamed El-Mallah

Hi,

We ran into this with numerous clients. It is a confirmed bug (#334346) and the following is the workaround (paraphrased from an Oracle Support bulletin)

Workaround:

a) Invoke Reports Designer and connect to your normal database
b) Choose from the menu Open -> File
c) Open the report, e.g. ckentdef.rdf from the filesystem at

   D:\orawin\repadm10\srw\..rdf
   to get the name <report_name.rdf>

     Go under Repository Reports, View -> View by Report Name
      take name (5 to 8 characters)
d) In the Reports Designer Navigator, expand the Data Model->System Parameters
e) Double-click on the 'XY' besides 'ORIENTATION' f) Add the following line to the program unit immediately after the 'begin'

    :ORIENTATION := 'PORTRAIT';

g) Click on the 'Compile' button
h) Save the report to the filesystem
i) Re-run the report though the Repository Reports Interface

Hope this helps...

Gary Wong
Systems By Design Inc.
Victoria, BC Canada