Re: SMP & threads for SQL queries

From: bill davidsen <davidsen_at_tmr.com>
Date: 1996/09/10

In article <322EFFF2.496F68CF_at_fc.net>, Linas Vepstas <linas_at_fc.net> wrote:

| (2) Although Oracle, Informix, DB2 etc. ignore linux, there are

| RDBMS packages for Linux that support transaction processing,
| two-phase commit, hot online backups, power-failure,
| hardware-failure checkpointing/rollforward, BLOBs, optimistic
| & pessimistic versioning, replication ... (and clients for
| ODBC, NT, etc.). One such is SOLID from Solid Information
| Technology.
There really should be a paper on this, I'm sure someone has spent the time to check out the reliability and performance of these packages, and the stability of the vendor, but I haven't seen it. URLs would be nice. -- -bill davidsen (davidsen_at_tmr.com) "As a software development model, Anarchy does not scale well." -Dave Welch