PL/SQL compilation

From: Marco Savini <savim_at_info.isbiel.ch>
Date: 1996/09/09

Hi
I'm new to PL/SQL and simply wanted to create some simple procedures in a package. As we work with the Server Manager I have no direct access to the procedure builder from Oracle. If I try now to create a package with CREATE PACKAGE xyz ...
the SQL*Plus interpreter (or whatever) only tells me if everything was ok or not. A compilation error looks simply like this:

MGR-00072: Warning: PACKAGE BODY xyz created with compilation errors.

Well, you can imagine that this isn't very helpful for a beginner. Is there a way to let the package compile with some meaningful error messages? I need the answer as fast as possible, otherwise I'll have to get a look at the procedure builder (which would mean to move to our workstations :-(

I hope you understand the question.

Marco Savini
savim_at_info.isbiel.ch Received on Mon Sep 09 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message