Rowid after an insert???

From: Steve Cosner <stevec_at_zimmer.CSUFresno.EDU>
Date: 1996/09/09

I need to know the rowid of a single row that I have just inserted. I have searched through all the Oracle documentation that I have, and can't find anything even close.

In Forms 4.5, after committing new rows, the newly inserted rows contain the new rowid's, so Forms is doing something special to get the value back from the server.

I am trying to duplicate the Forms behavior, but in a dynamic user-selectable table situation, so I need to perform the same action as Forms. It's just that I can't find anything even hinting about what is going on behind the scenes.

Can anyone help me, pleeese? I will be forever indebted for any help you may be able to give.

Thanks,
Steve Cosner Received on Mon Sep 09 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message