Re: Installing 16 bit version of SQL*NET

From: <Liotta#m#_F_P_at_msmail.aai.arco.com>
Date: 1996/09/09

Hicham Douba wrote:

> Howdy,
>
> How can I specifically install the 16 bit version of SQL*NET under
> WIN95. I need that to connect Developer 2000 to PO7.
>
> Comments are appreciated ...As I recall, the Oracle Installer has one line item for Version 1
SQL*Net---

Look for SQL*Net TCP/IP 1.x.x.x. in your Oracle Installer.

Once Ver 1 is installed, then use the 'two_task' connect string parameter for your host name---

i.e., t:hostname:instancename is used for your hostname.

Version 1 understands this systax, Version 2 does not. Received on Mon Sep 09 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message