Re: OFA - Optimal Flexible Architecture

From: Bryan Grenn <kp40.v922034_at_kodako.kodak.com>
Date: 1996/09/09

>Question... In general I like most of OFA (although I do prefer to have
>a modified and slimmed version) and follow it somewhat religiously... I
>am recently getting more and more involved in Oracle for NT where the
>concept of OFA doesn't seem to exist?
>
>Has anybody worked through the issues around implementing an OFA
>equivalent for NT? Or, does anyone know Oracle's recommended approach?
>
>Thanx,
>
>Shaun
>--

That's a great question...

As far as I know nothing exists for NT.

We are using OFA and we find it invaluable to help us support 15-20 databases across multiple UNIX servers. We are beginning to go to NT and are trying to use the same approach by making them all OFA complient. Well... no luck so far.
  We talked to the local Oracle office , and they told us NT is a different development group so they never thought of it. They also told us it is a very good idea to do , but they gave us no clues as to how to do it.

If you do find out any more information let me know, or post a note. Received on Mon Sep 09 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message