Re: Memory problem while running Oracle

From: San Sanoff <san_at_itl.net.ua>
Date: 1996/09/09

James Ranjith <75271.421_at_CompuServe.COM> wrote:

: Hi,

: We are educational institution based in Madras, India. We have
: Oracle 7.1 Enteprise version running on Unixware 1.1.1

: We have problems connecting to Oracle. The system accepts only
: about 20 users. After that we get error messages like "Out of

Hi !!

Look here:

	     freemem freeswp

: 09:28:53 unix restarts
: 09:40:01 10923 6456

[ .........]

: 15:40:00 5961 2686

		  ^^^^^^^^^^^

The swapping problem of SCO and UNIXWARE is as old as world. Try to increase swap size. Make it 3*REAL_MEMORY_SIZE size.

The last 1*MEMORY_SIZE will never be used by these systems. It is used not for paging, but for swapping purposes. (swapping = writing fill process' code (only?) segments to swapdev) Am I wrong? People, correct me. It would be good thing to discuss.

[ ..... ]
: END
: Kindly
: mcc_at_giasmd01.vsnl.net.in