Oracle Listener

From: Minh Giang <mpg_at_fast.net>
Date: 1996/09/09

Hi,

   Here is the situation: I've 2 groups of users connecting to a HP machine thru different routers and ip address. This is an example of the /etc/hosts file looks like.

	127.0.0.1	localhost	loopback
	123.4.5.67	alias1		hpG50		#comments

..
..
321.7.3.76 alias2 alias1 #comments

So, anyone who is connected using alias1 or alias2 will be connected to the save HP server.

Currently, the LISTENER.ORA looks something like this:

	# LISTENER is the default listener alias
	LISTENER = (ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=tcp)(HOST=alias1)(PORT=1521)

..

..
sid_list_listener =

(SID_LIST=(SID_DESC=(SID_NAME=abc)(ORACLE_HOME=/ora7)))

With the above listener start, only the group of users connecting via sqlnet v2 using alias1 can log on to the Oracle instance abc. The group going thru alias2 keeps getting time-out error.

What doing I need to change in LISTENER.ORA so that there will be listening services for host alias1 and alias2?

Thanks in advance,
Minh Giang
mpg_at_fast.net Received on Mon Sep 09 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message