Re: fetching rows from a certain point after closing cursor

From: Vladimir Stavitsky <vlads_at_lvalue.com>
Date: 1996/09/07

I am afraid you have no choice other than put the number of records already read into either hidden field in html form or in a DB record which is unique for this user. When he comes again - just fetch the records after the last one he read already.

Hope this helps

Vlad

Ashley Coutinho wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> I developing an interface to our database over the WWW.
>
> Problem:
> User conducts a query.
> Declare cursor
> Query matches 100 records but I fetch 20 only.
> Close cursor
> Program exits
>
> User asks for the next 20.
> ?????? How do I start from the previous point
> without querying the old 20 records ????????
>
> Thanks a lot.
>
> Ashley
> --
> Email: ashley_at_ibmail.smst290.att.com

        ... occurrences like this will be few and far between ...

http://www.webvalue.com      Vlad Stavitsky          vlads_at_lvalue.com