Re: Oracle Reports 2.5 (lexical references) question

From: Rick Rutt <rrutt_at_delphi.com>
Date: 1996/09/07

Rick Rutt <rrutt_at_delphi.com> writes:

>On the Forms side, we use the PL/SQL function TRANSLATE to change all blanks
>to something "safe", like "|". In the Before-Report trigger in Reports,
>we then use TRANSLATE again to restore the "|" characters to blanks.

After re-reading this, I realize that "|" may not be "safe", since a DOS-style command line may be used, and "|" is the pipe symbol. Pick another character that will not appear in your string.

  • Rick --

(Rick Rutt is a system architect living and working in Midland, Michigan.) Received on Sat Sep 07 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message