Re: Audit - Trapping Incoming Sql Statements.

From: S.M.Victor <SMVICTOR_at_concentric.net>
Date: 1996/09/06

dtrahan_at_tyler.ultranet.com (David Trahan) wrote:

>"S.Victor" <"SMVICTOR_at_cris.com"@concentric.net> wrote:

>>Hi,

>> I checked the http, but couldn't find any info reg. the capturing
>>of actual sql statements. It looks like your tool is providing the
>>GUI Interface to the Auditing feature of Oracle.
>>Anyhow Thanx. for replying.

>Not entirely true. Part of the product is designed to manage built
>in auditing features. The user-defined auditing feature, however,
>is specifically designed to track changes to data - it records before
>and after values for modified columns which basic Oracle auditing does
>not.

Well I should have added that also. But this is also using a simple feature of Oracle ie., triggers. With simple triggers I can do that without any problem. But I agree that your software must be providing an easy point and click method to do that .

>No - we do NOT capture SQL statements (use trace for that), but
>we do get information about who changed what columns to what values.

Would be more interested in these trace flags.

Any pointers.

Thanx.