Re: Help: SQL*NET V2 Please Help !!!!

From: Alisha Whitehead <alisha_at_weber.campus.mci.net>
Date: 1996/09/04

jgeller_at_panix.com (Janos Geller) wrote:

> wrote:
>: I'm trying to make a connection from a client
>: running win-nt 3.51 to a win-nt 3.51 server.

>: I have reinstall oracle 7.1 a couple of times on the server.
>: Also I'm not able to find TNSNAMES.ORA file in the default
>: directory \orawin\network\admin, instead
>: found it in \orawin\network\admin\sample

>: Is the Tnsnames.ora file created on both the client and server,
>: or only on server, or only on client????

>: I'm able to ping to the server using the ip address.
>: How should I define my connect string???

>You should configure your network using Network Manager. I'd suggest
>reading the following manuals:

I'm also pretty new to Oracle, but I have a thought. Someone might be able to correct me, however.

I believe SQL*Net 2.1.4 is strictly a 16bit protocol. I know in Win95 it uses VxD, which is a virtual driver for 16 bit applications. I was reading just the other day that applications which use VxDs (Virtual Anything Driver) will not run on NT. But as I mentioned... I could be wrong.

Good Luck! :-)

Alisha Received on Wed Sep 04 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message