Re: How I can use OCI in a CGI!?

From: Thomas J. Kyte <tkyte_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: 1996/09/04

On 3 Sep 1996 21:53:53 GMT, impress_at_info.polymtl.ca (Yann Hamiaux) wrote:

>Hello, That's the first time that I'm posting something in newsgroup
>using tin..
>

>I want to use OCI to be able to call PL/SQL. I've try the librairy:
>ora72win.lib. It's work when I compile for a QuickWin application but
>not for a DOS application. But when I do a CGI who is a QuickWin
>application (or windows application), the CGI is invalid. THe server
>(Web Listener) return my an error "The server got an internal error"
>Mmhh.. I've try also the librairy ora72.lib, but it's for UNIX (I think)
>because the file begin with !<arch>. I'm using Visual C++ v 1.5.
>I would prefer to create CGI instead of calling owa.exe and refer
>to some PL/SQL because I've dynamic request to do and I can't do
>that in PL/SQL :(.

Sure you can. The dbms_sql package does any and all dynamic sql (select, insert, update, delete, create, alter, grant, etc).

For a good example and a toolkit of pl/sql utilities to use with the web, see http://govt.us.oracle.com, follow the link to Tech Center and then downloadable utilites. You are looking for the OWA Extensions.

BTW: I'm not positive, but I think you need MS Visual C++ 4.0 (thats what I use). The libs you would link in are ociw32.lib in \orant\oci72\lib.

>So if you know how to do Dynamic SQL statement (I always know which
>column I want but I don't know the search criteria).
>Or if you know how I can use the ora72win.lib to do a CGI...
>or anythink that can help me with that. I would appreciate to get
>an answer at my eMail... I'm not very familiar with newsgroup..
>

>Thanks a lot's!
>

>Yann Hamiaux

>Impress_at_info.polymtl.ca
>GroupeMagrit_at_magrit.com

Thomas Kyte
Oracle Government
tkyte_at_us.oracle.com

http://govt.us.oracle.com -- Check out our web site! Brand new, uses Oracle Web Server and Database

statements and opinions are mine and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Oracle Corporation Received on Wed Sep 04 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message