Re: Help: SQL*NET V2 Please Help !!!!

From: Janos Geller <jgeller_at_panix.com>
Date: 1996/09/03

 wrote:
: I'm trying to make a connection from a client
: running win-nt 3.51 to a win-nt 3.51 server.

: I have reinstall oracle 7.1 a couple of times on the server.
: Also I'm not able to find TNSNAMES.ORA file in the default
: directory \orawin\network\admin, instead
: found it in \orawin\network\admin\sample

: Is the Tnsnames.ora file created on both the client and server,
: or only on server, or only on client????

: I'm able to ping to the server using the ip address.
: How should I define my connect string???

You should configure your network using Network Manager. I'd suggest reading the following manuals:

  • Understanding SQL*Net
  • SQL*Net Administrator's Guide
  • Oracle Network Manager Administrator's Guide

It might be enough to use the SQL*Net Easy Configuration tool instead of Network Manager, no first-hand experiences here though.

   Good luck: Janos Received on Tue Sep 03 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message