Re: ** HELP! a couple of "expert" questions **

From: hubba bubba <hubba_at_nando.net>
Date: 1996/09/03

I'm no expert, but I do know a little about the data files . Oracle associates data files with a particular tablespace name. You add a data file to a tablespace with the command "alter tablespace xxx add datafile ...." .

You can find out where your data files are by using one of the sys/dba tables. I think the name of it is sys.dba_data_files or something like that. Look in the dba guide or in the server manager's guide. This table holds the full path name of all the data files. With regard to which SID is using which files exactly, I guess you will have to find the default tablespace for the user who created the tables and look for those data files.

Hope this helps.