Using functions stored in packages.

From: <ronkoppl_at_worldaccess.nl>
Date: 1996/09/03

I've an Ingress application that is using an oracle database. Technical everything works fine, accept for specific stored ( ingress) function calls. As a work around I've rebuild this functions in a package on a Oracle DBms. For example INGRESS uses, CHAR(), DATE() where oracle use TO_CHAR and TO_DATE.

The functions has to be in a package because I want to use overloading. For example:
CREATE PACKAGE from_ingress AS

    CHAR(n1     NUMBER) RETURN varchar2;
    CHAR(d1     DATE  ) RETURN varchar2;
END;
I want to use the herefore mentioned function, 'CHAR()', without refering to the package name, 'from_ingress'. If this is not possible I have to rewrite my Ingress apllication, beause several SQL-statements are using these function calls.
Synonyms don't work for this problem ( See Appl.developers guide).

Thanks,

Ron Received on Tue Sep 03 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message