Re: Need ODBC driver for PO7 on Window's 95

From: Massimo Ferrari <imola01_at_imola.nettuno.it>
Date: 1996/09/03

wjones_at_shentel.net (Wallace Jones) wrote:

>The ODBC driver that comes with PO7 for Window's 95 is for a remote
>database that needs SQL*NET. PO7 only runs as a local database. Can
>anyone help?

If you install *all* PO7 (dowloaded at www.oracle.com) you will obtain SQL*NET v2 and the listener program. (c:\orawin95\bin\lsnrctl.exe). Try to find the listener program in your HD : If it is here , the installation is Ok and you can connect to PO7 through SQL*NET client or ODBC (I have ODBC32 for Access95)
Bye

Massimo Ferrari
m.ferrari_at_imola.nettuno.it Received on Tue Sep 03 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message