Re: Stored procedure debugger?

From: Mark Styles <lambic_at_msn.com>
Date: 1996/09/03

jrk_at_pcuf.fi (Jari Rinta-Korkeam{ki) wrote:
>Does anyone know a tool, which can be used to debug PL/SQL procedures? I
>haven't figured out any other way than using dbms_output with SQL*Plus's
>ServerOutput option. There must be an easier way, I think...

I wrote a set of procedures that I have found invaluable for debugging stored procedures. My procedures write to a database pipe using the DBMS_PIPES package. I have function entry, function exit, and general print procedures, which perform indenting to make the output easy to read, as well as procedures to turn the debug output on and off (this means you can leave the debug statements in when the software goes live).

Let me know if you're interested and I'll send them to you. Received on Tue Sep 03 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message