Re: Can Oracle Home be on the server instead of client?

From: Wayne Linton <lintonw_at_cadvision.com>
Date: 1996/09/02

Richard D Holowczak wrote:

Yes! to all the responses to this thread. It isn't as easy as perhaps I had eluded in my initial reponse.

Included in the ORACLE.INI for Dev/2000 products are user-config entries. These keep track of personal preferences (pref-files) and need to point to individual directories to which the user can write. I protect the ORAWIN lan-based directory so users can not write to this.

A bug in Dev/2000 1.2 in procedure builder also causes problems in a read-only pl/sql library situation. Developers can not open a pl/sql file even if it is on their own drive. Get the fix from ORACLE if you run into this problem. (it's a cludge but it gets you through it).

I'm sure there are other 'gotchas' that I haven't encountered yet.

Wayne Linton Received on Mon Sep 02 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message