Re: Help Please

From: Murthy S. Patamalla <murthy.patamalla_at_platinum.brooks.af.mil>
Date: 1996/08/30

Zhangshi Yin <yinz_at_orcinus.ksc.nasa.gov> wrote:
>Greeting:
>
>Does anybody know how to append a table to another table. The two
>tables have the absolutely same columns. Any helps will be highly
>appreciated.
>
>Please reply to my account: yinz_at_dugong.ksc.nasa.gov
>
>Zhangshi

First of all what do you mean by appending tables? If you want rows from the second table to be added to the first table   1.Disable all constraints on table 1 and do a simple export of table 2     and import the data into table 1. This will have duplicates and you     can not enable constraints.
  2.Please note in this case you can not have a primary key because of     duplicate records.
if you wish to add same columns to the table again, it is not allowed unless you specify the two columns with a different data type.

I hope I did not confuse you more

Murthy Received on Fri Aug 30 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message