Re: Can Oracle Home be on the server instead of client?

From: Wayne Linton <lintonw_at_cadvision.com>
Date: 1996/08/30

John Duska wrote:

> Can I just install the Oracle Windows client software on the
> server, instead of on each client? The clients will all just access Deve
> 2000 and other tools on the server. Then I wont have to waste disk space
> on the clients. Will this work ok? (Novell Netware, btw.)
> thanks
> John

yes, no problem. Each client needs an ORACLE.INI that points to the ORACLE_HOME and other parms that point to your LAN-based software. The icons that run on the client need also to point to the LAN.

I run Dev/2000, Des/2000, SQL*Plus, etc this way.

Wayne Linton Received on Fri Aug 30 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message