Re: Oracle Pro*c Makefile targets not deleted on error

From: Brian Martin <icbkr_at_ix.netcom.com>
Date: 1996/08/30

doug a blaisdell wrote:

> Does anyone know why Oracle pro*c targets aren't deleted,
> if pro*c fails to make the target. This means that the half-

Well, just guessing now, since I'm not clear on what you mean by "target" (the .c files? the .o files?) but usually, when a *NIX process quits on error, it dies. Which means it calls no cleanup routines, which means all the garbage gets left around. If it stresses you that much, put your makes into a shell prog and check for error levels then delete extra files.

bmartin Received on Fri Aug 30 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message