Problem: MVS/DB2 Unload data to AIX/ORACLE.

From: (wrong string) åkon Eide <hei_at_sn.no>
Date: 1996/08/29

This has probably been discussed/solved here before (I'm still searching after old articles) but this is an emergency, so here goes:

We're in the process of moving a large database from IBM/MVS DB2 to IBM/AIX ORACLE v. 7.1.3.
We're using the DB2 unload-utility to dump DB2-data, then ftp to move them over to the RS6000. This ruins all SMALLINT (and probably FLOATS as well), SQL*Loader is unable to interpret this correctly.

I've tried both binary and ascii (has to fail since it converts packed binary fields) ftps, - and identifiying the datafile characterset as WE8EBDIC37C (and some more obscure ones) in the loader control-file. No go....

I refuse to believe that this is a rare problem (MVS/DB2/UNIX/ORACLE...c'mon...).

Regards,

Håkon Eide - hei_at_sn.no Received on Thu Aug 29 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message