Re: Trouble closing all forms at once....

From: Shawn Odekirk <shawno_at_erudite.com>
Date: 1996/08/29

Robert Hoy <hoy_at_solaria.hac.com> wrote in article <50240k$ha2_at_hacgate2.hac.com>...
<EDITED...>
> What I'm looking for is an easy (I hope) way to close all forms in a
 single
> click on the exit button. Does anyone like to share their "exit" methods
> along with some codes or description how it can be accomplished. After
> three months on the Oracle Developer/2000, I think I'm a pretty good
> application builder now.

The only way I have found to do it is to have a global 'exit' variable. When the
user chooses exit from the toolbar or menu, the variable is set to TRUE and Exit_Form is called. This closes the current form. When the next form's
window becomes active we check the exit flag. If it is set, Exit_Form is called
again. This continues until all of the forms are closed. This relies on the behavior that when one form exits another form's window will become active. If Oracle ever changes this behavior in Forms this method
for exiting will not work. I do not like relying on a behavior like this, but I have
found no other way.
The global 'exit' variable does need to exist before you can check to see if
it is set, so your initial form should set it to FALSE once to create it. Default_Value() works well for this.

I hope this helps,
Shawn Received on Thu Aug 29 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message