Re: Oracle 7.3.2 install question

From: Tim Bower <jtbower_at_santeecooper.com>
Date: 1996/08/29

alanf_at_izzy.net wrote:

> Hello all,
> I'm looking over the Oracle Server7 (7.3.2) for HP/UX 10.x, and something
> doesn't look well at all. The documentation indicates that oracle_links
> needs to be set up for the install (it obviously can't be run from the CD,
> with 8.3 PeeCee UPPERCASE filenames), but doesn't say how to set up the
> links. Do I refer back to my 7.2 documentation? Have I missed something
> obvious, or is this seriously broken from the get-go?
> Regards,
> Alan Frabutt
> mailto:alanf_at_izzy.net
> disclaimer: I don't speak for my employers, etc...
Also...
  there is a FAX available from Oracle Support, correcting problems with the install documentation "documentation bug 366394". And I don't remember if this was a change or not, but some of the scripts (i.e. START.SH) now have uppercase names.

Tim
jtbower_at_smtp.santeecooper.com
Any opinions expressed are my own and don't represent those of my employer. Received on Thu Aug 29 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message