Re: C programming with oracle

From: <till.haenisch_at_rz.uni-ulm.de>
Date: 1996/08/29

In article <3221EE26.AEE_at_mail.usdiamond.com>, William McCarroll <webmaster_at_mail.usdiamond.com> writes:

>Hello,
>
>In the near future I am looking at creating a Windows application that
>interfaces with oracle
>directly, I am trying to stay away from ODBC. Currently, I am only
>versed in programming
>PL/SQL when it comes to the database. I was wondering if anyone knew
>any good books or
>tutorials about programming for Oracle in C. Also, are there any
>libraries available that
>make this easier.. any input would be appreciated..
>
>thanks!
>
>--
> William M. McCarroll | U.S. Diamond Exchange
> Systems Administrator | (702) 368-0205
>neosaint_at_mail.usdiamond.com | http://www.usdiamond.com/
>----------[Please, Don't eat the Linoleum.]------------

There are several possibilities, for example PRO*C
OCI
Oracle Objects for OLE
ODBC
Which one you should use depends heavily on the problem you want to solve. Documentation for the first two is provided by ORACLE

Hope this helps

Till Haenisch
University of Ulm
till.haenisch_at_rz.uni-ulm.de Received on Thu Aug 29 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message