Re: Start/Shutdown of Oracle Databases in Unix

From: jdesjar_at_ucs.att.com <(jdesjar_at_ucs.att.com)>
Date: 1996/08/29

In article <500fkc$2co_at_client3.news.psi.net>, trazz_at_interaccess.com writes:
> Does anyone have any unix shell scripts to startup and shutdown
> multiple databases in unix
>
> Oracle7 Server Release 7.
> Thanks,
>

> Trazz

Yes, ORACLE7 has! In $ORACLE_HOME/bin there are two scripts, dbshut and dbstart, that can be used to startup/shutdown many databases at once.

Pre-requisites to running the two said scripts:

1- You *must* have an up-to-date and valid /var/opt/oracle/oratab; 2- You *must* edit the 3rd field in /var/opt/oracle/oratab to select which databases

   to startup/shutdown.

You can call those from a cron, but then I would recommend editing $ORACLE_HOME/bin/dbshut to replace line 65 with "shutdown immediate".

**Before changing any scripts of ORACLE Corp I consult ORACLE Corp FIRST!!**

**Failure do to so might void your licence/support.                       **