Re: Performance Monitoring Tools

From: Ashley Shepherd <100440.1227_at_compuserve.com>
Date: 1996/08/28

Bill Tierney <wtierney_at_stanford.edu> wrote:

>PFAS wrote:
>>
>> We are having problems with Oracle's performance on an AIX4 box. Does
>> anyone know of any good system monitoring tools that we could use? We
>> currently use glance on HPUX boxes, and this provides exactly what we
>> need. We are not looking for the standard tools like vmstat and sar.
>> --
>> PFAS
Try a company called Datametrics, they are based in Fairfax, Virginia. Tel 703 385 7711. They make a product called ViewPoint which has platform specific collectors and they have just released a native Oracle collector. It is by far the best product I have seen for multi-platform performance management.

Ashley