Re: OFA - Optimal Flexible Architecture

From: Bryan Grenn <kp40.v922034_at_kodako.kodak.com>
Date: 1996/08/28

In article <32243F18.1851_at_santeecooper.com>,

   Tim Bower <jtbower_at_santeecooper.com> wrote:
>Danny Roosens wrote:
>>
>> In an article in ORACLE-MAGAZINE which I found yesrterday, I raed
>>
>> 'In 1991, ORACLE introduced the Optimal flexible Architecture (OFA) a
 low-maintenance method for configuring
>> high performance, growing ORACLE databases'
>>
>> An intersting article, about e.G. how you should name your tablespaves, and
 many other stuff.

>> I was wondering if anyone knows about an update of these articles (since
 OFA dates from 1991 !) or more similar stuff like this
>> concerning ORACLE database maintenace and design.
>
>It seems that Oracle corp. is actually *enforcing* the OFA starting
>w/ v7.3. The OFA is documented in Appendix B of the "Oracle7
>Administrator's Reference for UNIX", shipped w/ the 7.3 docs.

That's interesting since NT doesn't seem to know anything about OFA.

Has anyone seen anything written on how to implement OFA standard on an NT machine ?????? Received on Wed Aug 28 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message