Re: OFA - Optimal Flexible Architecture

From: Tim Bower <jtbower_at_santeecooper.com>
Date: 1996/08/28

Danny Roosens wrote:

> In an article in ORACLE-MAGAZINE which I found yesrterday, I raed
>
> 'In 1991, ORACLE introduced the Optimal flexible Architecture (OFA) a low-maintenance method for configuring
> high performance, growing ORACLE databases'
>
> An intersting article, about e.G. how you should name your tablespaves, and many other stuff.
>
> I was wondering if anyone knows about an update of these articles (since OFA dates from 1991 !) or more similar stuff like this
> concerning ORACLE database maintenace and design.

It seems that Oracle corp. is actually *enforcing* the OFA starting w/ v7.3. The OFA is documented in Appendix B of the "Oracle7 Administrator's Reference for UNIX", shipped w/ the 7.3 docs.

...Tim Bower
jtbower_at_smtp.santeecooper.com Received on Wed Aug 28 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message