Re: Oracle 7.3.2 install question

From: Dennis Flinn <dflinn_at_eastman.com>
Date: 1996/08/28

alanf_at_izzy.net wrote:

> Hello all,
> I'm looking over the Oracle Server7 (7.3.2) for HP/UX 10.x, and something
> doesn't look well at all. The documentation indicates that oracle_links
> needs to be set up for the install (it obviously can't be run from the CD,
> with 8.3 PeeCee UPPERCASE filenames), but doesn't say how to set up the
> links. Do I refer back to my 7.2 documentation? Have I missed something
> obvious, or is this seriously broken from the get-go?
> Regards,
> Alan Frabutt
> mailto:alanf_at_izzy.net
> disclaimer: I don't speak for my employers, etc...

Alan:
It appears that Oracle left out the part about create the oracle link directory and linking the files to it it the install guide. I ran into the same thing
on the install of 7.3.2 to HP/UX 10.10. Just use the same as in 7.2.x

  1. create the mount_point for the cdrom
  2. cd /mount_point/ORAINST
  3. run ./START.SH
  4. it will ask for your oracle_link_directory.