NT & 100 gig Oracle

From: WGP0048 <wgp0048_at_aol.com>
Date: 1996/08/28

Hello,

My name is Bill Perkins and I am a DBA with the Kansas Department of Revenue and have eight years of mainframe experience. We are currently redesigning or tax system from a mainframe application to a client server application along with AMS consultants. Currently have about 1.5 million individual taxpayers and 250 thousand businesses that are registered for an average of 3 different taxes. Current datastore size is about 60 gig using data compression. We administer about 450 users who have the ability to use four multiple CICS screens with their signons.

We are currently planning for a three tier system. DB2 for our main datastore on a mainframe, Oracle Server for NT as our server that will pull data from DB2 for our users to work with, Filenet for our imaging of documents, and Windows95 or WindowsNT for our client machines with Powerbuilder interfaces. Now for the reason of this note.

We have seriously been considering going to a two tier application using Oracle Server for NT as our main datastore instead of DB2 on a mainframe. I have not been able to locate current users of Oracle running under NT with our size of datastore and users.

If there are Oracle users currently running under NT, I would like to get in touch with them to see how they are configured and what we should look for if we go to Oracle for our main datastore. I can be reached at 913-296-0048 or emailed at wgp0048_at_aol.com.

Thank you for your time to read this note. Received on Wed Aug 28 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message