Re: Start/Shutdown of Oracle Databases in Unix

From: Peter Moore <ptmoore_at_sequent.com>
Date: 1996/08/28

Check out $ORACLE_HOME/bin/dbstart.

This is an Oracle supplied script which you put into the system startup file (/etc/rc or your local equivalent, check your manuals or ask your Sys Admin). It will start up any instance which is documented in the /etc/oratab file, containing a 'Y' in the third field.

The file $ORACLE_HOME/bin/dbshut, when placed in your system shutdown script will shutdown all these databases.

You will need to manually add any startup scripts for SQL*Net, Oracle*Mail, etc.

Regards,

Pete

--
Peter Moore.