Re: HELP NEEDED: DESIGNER 2000

From: Simon <jb85_at_dial.pipex.com>
Date: 1996/08/27

Srikanth Kasam <skasam_at_thunder.ocis.temple.edu> wrote:

[Des2K]
>What I precisely need is a suggestion of any book or site(preferable)
>that can give me lot of stuff on this subject in detail and also that can
>navigate me through the basics.

Hi Srikanth,

                the manuals that Oracle can supply with Designer give a good overview, but leave some bits to your imagination. Even the formal courses only give you a basic understanding of how you can use designer effectively, but are extremely worthwile going on if you can swing it.

AFAIK, there is no 3rd party book on Designer - there is no substitute for diving in and building a *small* application (say, 2 entities, a form and a report)!

--
Simon Holt --  System Designer/DBA
** My opinions are not nescessarily those of my employers **