Re: Distrubuted DB's??

From: Jim Ryan <ryan_at_milford.mv.com>
Date: 1996/08/27

Allan,

Thank you for the reply. I THINK that's the same thing;-) Look at it this way, I want to have one REALLY big database. I have 6 systems, 2 intel based, and 4 Power PC. I want to use the processing power of all the cpu's in these systems to access the database. I also want the data distributed across each system's storage (each has its own RAID array), so they are all acting as one big system.

Don't get hung up on the Power PC thing, those 4 systems could be Intel based if need be.

See what I mean?

Jim