Re: Q: Is RAID/striping good with Oracle???

From: Bill Meskill <meskillw_at_ncr.disa.mil>
Date: 1996/08/27

Thanks for the response Glenn.

You're right about the write penalty. I'd estimate we have a 500:1 read to write ratio (I'm not exaggerating) for our system so hopefully we're okay with RAID 5.

We're actually running with 2 RAID systems and I separated the table data on 1 array and the indexes on the other and then just spread then rest of the DBFs across the two RAID arrays.

Bill Meskill
meskillw_at_ncr.disa.mil