NYC Talk 8/27: Progress DB Devel SW

From: Gary McCready <72607.726_at_CompuServe.COM>
Date: 1996/08/26

THIS MONTH'S PRESENTATION: Oriana Merlo, of Progress Software Corporation "The PROGRESS Application Development Environment for Digital Equipment Platforms"

The PROGRESS ADE is available for OpenVMS, Digital Unix and Windows NT. It is an object-oriented programming environment with a suite of tools for developing and deploying complex applications that are portable across heterogeneous environments. This presentation will also discuss PROGRESS's support of Oracle databases via its DataServer architecture as well as its support for unique Digital technologies such as Very-Large-Memory (VLM64) and Digital Windows NT Clusters.

AT: Bailey's Greenhouse Grille, 729 3rd Ave, NYC, 2nd floor room. Tuesday, August 27th Pre-dinner discussion starts at 5:30pm, Dinner at 6:30, Featured Presentation at 7:30;

Cost for full dinner (drink, salad, choice of entree, coffee and desert) with presentation is $25. Please reserve at (718) 468-2983. or send Internet e-mail to NYMLUG-RESERVATION_at_DECUS.ORG To ensure seating, dinner reservations are recommended for this talk.

--
Gary McCready, TIAA-CREF (212) 916-5807; Gary_at_McCready.COM
Recently moved to (Wonderful) Westfield, NJ.